Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's bound to happen.

I've probably been creating blogs since sixth grade; and, my first post always went like this. The truth is I've given up blogging since last summer for some personal reasons. But after reading Ms. Serafico's blog, and feeling amazed and pumped up from all the energy and optimism it exuded, I felt like blogging again. And thus, just so I can always remind myself as to why I am doing this, I'm listing the reasons down, and will soon post this on my desk.

I am writing a blog because:

  1. I'd like to believe that a blog is a creative output. I know every person can create something. My sister creates scrap books, my mom cooks sinigang, my friends make mixed CDs, and this is what I will create. Even though I know I will never have a wide base of online readers, it doesn't matter because I'm setting up this blog so I can feel more encouraged to write, think, take pictures, etc. in the future.

  2. I want to be productive. When you're creating something, it means you're being productive. I stay online a lot, and I should probably channel my online presence into creating output that's more relevant.

  3. I want to somehow document my life, in the most creative way possible.

  4. I want to inspire just like how Ms. Serafico's blog inspired me! :)


Besides, I have a feeling this summer would be particularly riveting anyway. Some of the things lined up for me are summer class, which, to say the least, look very interesting. I'm taking up a Literature class on Drama under Ms. Rica Bolipata-Santos, while taking up a Public Relations class under Mr. Sev Sarmenta and a Nano-Enterprise consulting class under Mr. Jay Cruz all at the same time. While my course load this summer is very inter-disciplinary, it's also very exciting because I feel that all of them are relevant and challengine. I can tell, because my professors are awesome. I hope to write more about it as I go along with the classes.

Aside from classes, another reason why I'm psyched for summer is, although I'm no longer an elected officer in the Sanggunian, I found myself still serving it as its new Ateneo Student Concern Head. The name is subject to change into something more apt to our function, but it's also very exciting. It has something to do with making Sanggu's services known online; and, with me starting a blog, I think that experience would be good for me too.

In a gist, what's bound for me this summer is: learning and service. And for a girl who's not OJT-ing or interning, this definitely beats lounging around the house all day! Besides, my blog's name is very suitable to my newfound productivity. EXCELSIOR -- ever upward. It's New York's motto, and I'm borrowing it ;)

I better go soon because I still have to study for my classes in the afternoon! Until my next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment